The Director of Consumer Goods administers the following Control Orders:
1. West Bengal Kerosene Control Order, 1968 as amended.
2. West Bengal Cooking Gas (Licensing and Control) Order, 1985.
3. West Bengal Motor Spirit and High Speed Diesel (Licensing and Regulation of Supply) Order, 2000.
4. West Bengal Lubricating Oil Licensing Order, 1967.
5. West Bengal Auto-LPG (Licensing and Control) Order, 2004.
6. West Bengal Naphtha (Acquisition, Sale and Prevention of Use in Automobiles) Licensing Order, 2000.
7. West Bengal Solvent, Raffinate, Slop and other Equivalent Petroleum Petroleum products (Acquisition, Storage, Sale and Prevention of Use in Automobiles)
Licensing Order, 2000.
The Director of Consumer Goods (DCG) issues selling licenses of Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO) to all the Agents in the State (appointed by Oil marketing Companies as Whole Sellers). However, in respect of SKO Dealers (retailers), the DCG is the licencing authority only for Kolkata and Bidhan Nagar areas. In the rest of the State the District Magistrates are the licensing authorities for the respective districts.
For Dealers/Distributors of other petroleum products also, viz. Cooking Gas Distributors, Motor Sprit & High Speed Diesel Dealers, Auto-LPG Dealers, Naphtha Dealers, Solvent/Raffinate Dealers, Lubricating Oil Distributors/Agents/Dealers/Retailers, the DCG’s jurisdiction as licensing authority is restricted to Kolkata Bidhan Nagar areas. The District Magistrates are the licensing authorities for the aforesaid products in the respective districts.